- East Croydon
- Job type:
- Job description:
We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join our growing team at dotmailer (www.dotmailer.com). You'll be working within our friendly product development team as part of a dynamic, flexible and ambitious company that enjoys continued success and expansion. This role will help our existing technical writer meet growing documentation demands, catering for both external and internal audiences, whilst also helping to improve our overall documentation standards.
We're looking for someone who is HTML-savvy and has a talent for writing clear, concise instructional pieces that ultimately empower the reader to complete the tasks they're looking to get done. If you're passionate about - or have previous experience in - technology, digital communication and/or marketing automation then that could certainly be a benefit too!
- Create clear, well-written support articles and documentation about the app and its connectors, to help empower both users (external) and staff (internal)
- Help to maintain standards and consistency in all of our documentation
- Help to keep all documentation relevant and up to date, undertaking regular reviews to ensure this is achieved
- Particularly own the development and improvement of our HTML/EasyEditor markup documentation
- Help to improve overall documentation standards and practice; suggestions always welcome so bring your ideas to the table!
- Write product release notes as and when required
- Develop an understanding of our products and features, how they are deployed and how they can be used together
- Where possible, work closely with developers to document features as they're being developed
- Provide general support to our existing technical writer
Experience and skills:
- Excellent written English, with an ability for concise expression
- Good general communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong HTML/CSS knowledge
- Ability to work alone, and within a team
- Ability to work with others, to ask questions and to do research to build up knowledge
- Previous experience using a CMS (useful but not essential)
- Previous experience using tools such as SnagIt and Camtasia for creating screenshots, GIFs and videos (useful but not essential)