We’re looking for a client facing, technically exceptional Solutions Engineer to join our growing global Professional Services arm at dotmailer (www.dotmailer.com).
As part of the Technical Solutions team you will be working closely with the Sales teams here at our office in NYC. You will be responsible for providing a range of technical pre-sales support through the sales lifecycle and beyond, at all times ensuring that clients’ requirements are understood and that their dotmailer technical solution is mapped against these requirements. You will be expected to be innovative in showing the client how the platform can be configured to meet their needs.
You will be required to have excellent knowledge of the platform/API, its infrastructure and be able to communicate this to different levels of people giving them confidence that dotmailer is suitable for their needs in a pre-sales capacity.
Building relationships with different teams both within dotmailer and our customers/partners is a key part of making our Technical Solutions team function at the high level that is expected. So this role is perfect for that rare breed of person that is not only deeply technical but just as comfortable sitting in the meetings with C level execs of global organisations talking business strategy.
Our custom integrations are usually based around using the dotmailer API to import client’s data in to the platform or export it out. You will be involved in analyzing client requirements (or writing requirements based on investigation) and understanding them in detail. From this you will work closely with our Custom Technical Solutions to create functional specifications that can be used to build tailored integrations that work with the dotmailer platform. At all times client’s expectations will need to be managed closely.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working closely with our Sales/Account Management, Partner Channel and Custom Technical Solutions teams, supporting them across the full sales lifecycle
- Analysing and writing client requirements to create functional specifications that can be used by our global Custom Technical Solutions team
- Creating and building proof of concepts within our product to provide tailored demonstrations to clients
- Translating clients and prospects omnichannel marketing requirements into technical solutions, using both technical pre-sales and business analysis skills.
- Working with global clients at all levels of seniority and roles including sales, marketing, development and project management
- Working with client’s suppliers to ensure correct and efficient integration practices are used
- Communicating confidently with individuals across our global business to gather information both verbally and through written communications
- Delivering presentations and online demonstrations in order to promote the dotmailer platform to prospects and clients
- Cross-departmental organisation and project management for the pre-sales completion of RFI’s, RFP’s and security questionnaires.
- Providing new client technical briefings alongside Project Managers for client onboarding
- Providing feedback to our Product team to help shape our products and platforms
Skills & Experience
- Proven technical pre-sales experience in a SAAS environment (preferably for an ESP/multi/omnichannel/marketing organisation)
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
- Business awareness
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Planning and negotiating skills
- Initiative and self-confidence
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Experience of Project Management / Programme Management Methodologies.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Working closely with sales teams and managing expectations on all sides
- A working knowledge of programming as well as analytical skills.
- Experience in the ESP/email marketing space
- BA certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of email marketing, SMS, push, social, deliverability and associated industry knowledge
Some of the above skills and experiences might not be required if you have experience working at an ESP or Omni/Multichannel Marketing Solution Provider in an area involved with implementing technical solutions for customers. Please apply and include further information on how you feel your experience could be useful in this role.